Monday, February 11, 2008

Be Your Own Beloved, Beloved!

A number of years ago bemoaning the absence of a relationship and feeling sorry for myself, an idea fell from the heavens and sparked a great plan!

I would send myself a Valentine's Day card! I would be my own beloved! I would give myself the love I was seeking from someone else!

I went out to a beautiful card store, chose a beautiful card, wrote a message to myself, addressed the envelope, put a stamp on it and mailed it.

Then I forgot about it.

On Valentine's Day, the envelope arrived.

Since I was not entirely familiar with receiving my own self-addressed envelopes - I didn't twig to my own handwriting or to what the envelope contained.

When I pulled the card out, I remember still not getting it....until I read my own signature at the bottom of the card. It all came back...and my words..brought me to tears.

I had written: I love you, Christiane. You are a beautiful, magnificent, gift to the planet! A joy, a delight! I love you!

It was simple -- but profound!! It truly rocked my world that day! I have never forgotten the joy it brought me and how it radically elevated my day and my own vibration.

I got dressed up, went out, bought myself my favorite orange roses and took myself out to dinner!

The love I had dreamed of receiving, I received. The joy it brought me to receive it from myself exceeded my expectations!! Who knew that receiving love from yourself could feel so sweet?

Try it....and see!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this idea...brilliant!