Sunday, April 6, 2008

"MONEY IS LIGHT!"

BE THE LIGHT, says Reverend Michael Beckwith.

MONEY IS LIGHT, writes Yehuda Berg, in 'True Prosperity".

Money, in common usage today, has lost its connection to its sacred origins, says Barbara Wilder in her book, 'Money is Love'. We have forgotten that money - the currency that every culture and every time has utilized as its means of exchange for goods and services - was once revered as a 'tool of God'. Money is love. Money is a tool of the Divine.

The oft mis-quoted statement 'Money is the root of all evil' - contains again the intent of delivering us to unconsciousness and creating conflict and separation from the truth. The true statement is 'The worship of money is the root of all evil." And that is true. Money is meant to be circulated -- in circulation it is God in action. The worship or hoarding of it is what accumulates darkness. It is in the sharing of it that money is Light.

So, praise your money. Love your money. Love the ability you have to do good in the world with your money. Happily pay people for their services. Tithe 10% or more because the Light you tithe to the great Light of the universe showers your life with unending Light. The miracles of substance, sustenance, joy, love, Grace pour into the life of one who tithes.

I am just learning this - the purpose and power of tithing money. I have done this only a few times in my life -- in the consistent manner in which it is taught - but I am now doing this more and more consistently. I have tithed time, support, energy, many other things on behalf of others - but money, money has been the great wasteland of misunderstanding for me. I have not until now understood as deeply its purpose or its power. Once you know that Money is designed to do good, that it is LIGHT, you rush to give, to tithe. It creates an irresistible joy for the giver....far more than even the receiver. Do it and you will see.

Love what you give. Love what you receive. Enjoy it, savor it, be thankful for it, see it, speak of it, relate to it as LIGHT in the world. Treat it respectfully, lovingly. Be fearless in your giving and sharing of it. When you do, what you share and give and speak and love comes back to you multiplied. Realize that the more you give, the more openings you create for the LIGHT to pour into your life. The more opportunities you create for bountiful blessings in your life.
Light is as Light does -- it cannot be held back or hoarded. What is held back and hoarded, withers and dies. What is shared, lives, grows, expands, brings joy, joy, joy, countless joy to all. Give, share, love. Be The Light.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Christiane...I just read your most current writing re "money is light" and I couldn't agree with you more that it is the importance people place on money, not the "money" itself that is "at the root of all evil."

I was in a 25 year marriage where money was not only irrationally "tight" but used as "control" and I feel this is often the case in a marriage. I have now been divorced for 29 years and have been able to "frugally" be generous (which is my nature from childhood) with family and friends. Doing things for my children/grandchildren/friends I find is rather a "hobby" as it brings me such pleasure. And my "pot" seems to replenish as I have enough to take my loved trips (I had the pleasure of listening to you, Christiane, on the Ocean of Gratitude Cruise @2 in Feb), give to family and friends and, yes, pay my bills. To my mind, this issue should be immediately researched within any relationship that is or goes "sour" or has a "control" issue, whether within a marriage or otherwise. Thank you for the opportunity to express myself, Christiane......MotherOdd